"Sound is 50 percent of the movie-going experience." - George Lucas.
If you are looking to learn more about sound in videos, you came to the right place.
This course goes in-depth about all facets of audio and sound editing for video creators, using Adobe Premiere Pro CC. Not only will we cover the basics of how to edit audio, but we'll explore the psychology behind using music and sound to move your audience. Additionally, we'll demystify the amazing tools inside Premiere that will have you mixing like a pro in no time.
What will you learn in this course?
- Organization, shortcuts, and effects: Set yourself up for success with industry-standard organization structures, and be efficient with tried-and-true shortcuts and effects.
- Dialogue: Learn how to handle any type of voice over or field recordings without breaking a sweat. Synchronization, leveling, dead space, essential sound panel, it's all in the course.
- Music: Understanding song structure and composition creates an editing blueprint. Discover where to find great music, how to fit music to your edits, edit to the beat, a transition between multiple tracks, and even mix instrumentals and vocal tracks together.
- Sound Design: Master expert techniques that are easy to accomplish directly in Premiere. You'll be able to intelligently add sound effects that perfectly complement the music and visuals.
- Tools: Understand the fancy tools that are built-in to Premiere. No longer will you fear the Equalizer, Compressor, Limiter, Noise removal, or Loudness Standardization!
- Mixing: Learn how to get professional sounding mixes directly in Premiere using master compression, the audio track mixer, loudness radar, and more! We'll also go over industry standards for sharing audio projects between editors and sound mixers.
What makes me qualified to teach you?
My name is Jason, and I've been editing videos and making music for over 13 years. Beginning with an old beat-up Stratocaster guitar, I soon started recording music and creating music digitally using all different types of software. After a quick pit stop to get my Bachelor of Fine Arts in Television, Film, and New Media, my background led fluidly into a career as a full-time video editor, where I continuously use audio as a springboard to approach video creation.
I've spent years learning from great editors and audio engineers, and have also developed my unique methods for achieving high-quality sound in Premiere. This course will give you both industry-standard workflows as well as my tips and tricks to easily improve your sound.
Who should take this course?
- Video creators who want their content to stand out by improving the overall audio experience.
- Editors who are looking for tools to greatly improve the quality of their videos without ever opening a DAW (Audio Program).
- This course will be best for people who have edited videos before and are looking to improve their sound. However, this course will also benefit beginners by providing a fast-track to understanding how to edit sound with visuals.