Whole, organic grains, when prepared in the traditional way that our ancestors prepared them, offer to be healthful additions to many diets. They're a great source of minerals and fiber, and their legend and lore reveal how they've created health and longevity in the global cultures that have long eaten them!
Here’s a sample of the savory recipes (demonstrated for you on videos) that my course features. The recipes are suitable for everyday dining as well as special occasions:
- Mexican Garden Fiesta Millet Dish ( A Prize-Winning Dish!)
- Country Herb (Dill) Millet Salad (with Lemon Dressing & Toasted Walnuts)
- Native American Millet Stuffing (with Corn, Black Beans, and Hot Sauce)
- Savory Millet Stuffed Cabbage Rolls with Red Sauce
- Quinoa Parmesan with Garlicky Green Beans and Tomatoes
- Rustic Cheesy Quinoa Artichoke Bake (New; not in Book)
- Quinoa Tabouli Salad (with Lemony Garlic Yogurt Dressing & Sun Sprouts)
- Festive Moroccan Quinoa Party Salad (New; not in the book)
- Northwoods Wild Rice with Craisins and Pecans
- Savory, Melt in Your Mouth Wild Rice
- Cranapple Waldorf Wild Rice Salad (with Pineapple Kefir Dressing)
- Autumn Harvest Veggie Loaf (New; not in the book)
- Sesame Buttered Brown Rice & Vegetable Dish
- Spanish Garden Rice with Tempeh ‘Bacon’
- Curried Eggplant Basmati Rice
- Himalayan Rice Dish with Ginger Curry Dal
- Macaroni Spelt (Spelt with Cheddar Cheese Flavored Sauce)
- Potato Salad Spelt
- Eggplant Amaranth Bake
- Veggie Stuffed Squash with Curry Butter Teff Sauce
Also Included in this 6-hour course:
- “Cookbook Chat” Video: An overview of my book’s content and recipe faves.
- “Deep Dish" Mini-Book- I interview myself about my book and recipes. Be inspired by the legend and lore of whole grains. Get insights about using your right and left the brain to cook. Learn how to turn cooking into an effort of the soul, and much more!
- Gourmet Grains cookbook in a downloadable PDF format. This is offered as a complete book.
- Pantry of Splendor featuring condiments, seasonings, garnishes, sauces, nut butter, ghee, toasted nuts and seeds, sprouts, cheeses, vegetables, meatless ingredients, spices, herbs, and fortifiers, with a summary of their nutritional benefits and culinary uses.
- The Aromatic Stovetop with grain cooking instructions, plus cookware and kitchen utensil tips.
8 Tabletop TUTORS™ colorful info-graphics/teaching posters, including:
1) Turning Cooking Into an Effort of the Soul,
2) Choosing Eco-Friendly Cookware
3) Eating with the Seasons, A Way to Stay Balanced
4) Butter for Your Bones, Your Brain, and Your Gut
5) Where Do the Fruits and Vegetables You Eat Come From?
6) Why Eat (The Right Kind of) Salt
7) Processed Vegetable Oils: The Unappetizing Truth, and
8) 10 Ecological Reasons to Eat One Vegetarian Meal A Week.