Get a month of TabletWise Pro for free! Click here to redeem 
TabletWise.com
 

The Love Your Body Formula

Learn how your thoughts about your body is destroying your self-confidence and how to change them.

The Love Your Body Formula

Learn how your thoughts about your body is destroying your self-confidence and how to change them.
18
Views
46:58
Share the link to this class
Copied

Almost everyone is concerned about their body image. You're too fat; you're too thin, your nose doesn't look right, you're too tall, you're too short, your hair is too curly or too straight. Your self-talk about your body can destroy your self-confidence. That inner critic keeps going round and round in your head.

In this course, you'll learn what your body image is as well as what makes a healthy body image and what makes an unhealthy body image.

Did you know that society holds impossible standards for good looks? That only 5% of the population looks like the beautiful and handsome people you see in magazines and on television? And that photos of these "beautiful people" are airbrushed to make them look perfect, just like the photo below? What about the other 95%? Well, companies have a very good answer. Buy their products. Only then will you look like these "beautiful people."

Since your self-talk determines your self-confidence to a large extent, you need to change your self-talk from negative to positive about your body image. You'll learn tools to develop healthy self-talk so that you can accept yourself, develop a healthy body image, and love yourself. Don't you want to do that?

With each section, you will receive at least one exercise to complete to incorporate what you've learned into your own life. I suggest that you write the exercises in a notebook to help you work through the principles and skills I'm teaching so you can see where you are and how to apply them to your life and daily interactions with others.

All of my courses contain guided visualizations and songs throughout. They are downloadable, so you will always have them to enjoy and grow with. My courses are intended to take you on a personal journey to understanding yourself and guiding you on a dynamic path of self-discovery to greater self-esteem and self-confidence. I hope you join me!

About the instructors

Vivian Harte

Teacher of Self-Confidence
Share the instructor profile
Copied

I am delighted to be teaching self-confidence to you!  I have been a teacher for many years.  I taught college classes in the classroom for over 14 years at a community college and a private university, and I currently teach online classes on assertiveness, self-confidence, and teamwork.  I have helped over 15,000 people learn and use assertiveness skills during the last 16 years. 

I am the co-author of Self-Esteem for Dummies in the Dummies series.  But I didn't always have high self-esteem and self-confidence.  When I was a girl, I was shy and had difficulty relating to people.  I did well in school, but I didn't have close friends and I had trouble getting along with my family.  Finally, in college, I started joining clubs and making friends.  I learned I had a lot to offer, and my self-confidence began to increase. 

I'm a singer, and over the years, I've sung for hundreds of thousands of people, even having my own radio and television shows.   

I was the Chair of the Arizona Solar Energy Association as well as the Chair of Concerned Arizonans for Renewable Energy, a statewide group that created and lobbied for solar legislation.  I also was the Arizona Manager of the Southwest Public Recycling Association, assisting rural communities around the state to start recycling programs and educating the recycling coordinators in those communities.  

I am currently the President of the League of Women Voters in my town and part of the Speakers Bureau.  I was in Toastmasters for three years, so speaking to an audience is easier for me now - as long as I practice beforehand.  

I have two grown children, one of whom works at the University of Arizona and one of whom teaches high school students in China.  I live in Tucson, Arizona with my husband, three dogs and two cats.

All Classes
Free for 30 Days
   The video is currently being processed.
   An error occurred while uploading the video. Please upload another video.
   Please upload the required file.
Quiz: #TITLE#
Questions: #QUESTIONS_COUNT#
Quiz: #TITLE#
Question /#QUESTIONS_COUNT#
Quiz: #TITLE#
Result: You correctly answered out of questions. Result: You correctly answered out of question. Result: You correctly answered out of questions attempted. Result: You correctly answered out of question attempted. Result: You did not attempt any question.
1
Save
18
Views
This class has not been saved

Sign Up