What You Will Learn
What are you going to think next?
Yes, it was a trick question since you’re unlikely to know what thoughts will emerge until they actually do.
Yet, identifying with thoughts is an unsupportive habit given they seem real when you experience them.
French philosopher René Descartes said Cogito ergo sum, meaning, “I think therefore I am.” He was proposing that thoughts are evidence you exist.
Much has evolved since then, given that philosophers and neuroscientists now agree our thoughts do not define us.
Thoughts emerge from consciousness and slip away as easily as they appear. To associate with your thoughts is misleading since some thoughts are not useful.
Thoughts alone are not the cause of our suffering and unhappiness. It is when we identify and attach ourselves to them we stumble.
A thought appears real when given enough attention. It’s as though your mind flags it in consciousness, like an email program. Yet, flagging it in your awareness draws focus to the thought until you orientate your attention elsewhere.
Thoughts are influenced by our: beliefs, the past, moods, nutrition, illness and level of consciousness. By changing these where possible, we shift the intensity of future thoughts.
This course is designed to help you better managing your thinking. You will learn the nature of thoughts and how to transform negative thinking.
You don’t need to be a slave to your thoughts when you understand the nature of your mind. It is possible to have peaceful thoughts once you have learned not to identify with every thought that passes through your mind.
1. The Power to Transform Negative Thoughts: Discover how to transform your negative thoughts in this lesson in simple, effective ways.
2. Your Thoughts Create Your Reality: You will discover how your thoughts are powerful and have the capacity to become reality and shape your future.
3. Let Go of Negative Thoughts: You can let go of negative thinking by becoming observant of the nature of your thoughts. This lesson teaches you ways to stop hanging on to disempowering thoughts.
4. Don't Believe Everything You Think: Your thoughts do not define you. You are not the sum of your thoughts because they happen through you. Learn how to become mindful of your thought patterns.
5. The Power of Your Mind to Create Your Destiny: Your mind is a powerful ally and if you learn to take advantage of its powers, it will transform your destiny. Learn how to create enriching thoughts in this lesson.
6. The Power of Your Subconscious Mind: Understanding and harnessing the power of your subconscious mind is essential to achieve success and mastery in all areas of life. This lesson will help you discover how.