It's important to take care of your mouth and teeth starting in childhood. If you don't, you could have problems with your teeth and gums - like cavities or even tooth loss.
Here's how to keep your mouth and teeth healthy:
- Brush your teeth every day with a fluoride toothpaste
- Clean between your teeth every day with floss or another type of between-the-teeth cleaner
- Snack smart - limit sugary snacks
- Don't smoke or chew tobacco
- See your dentist or oral health professional regularly
NIH: National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research